Recently, I discovered BIG 5 Food Delivery and Take Out and realized something – why only now? I really like organizing parties and celebrations and whenever we choose not to cook, our next choice is to call for food delivery. Usually, we order pizza (all time favorite) and for Filipino themed parties, we order from Amber’s, Goldilocks, Buddy’s, etc. Fortunately, there’s Big 5 – a new discovery of ours. I was able to try their services because we had a birthday celebration at home and would want something new to our taste buds without thinking too much. Let me share with you our experience…
Big 5 Food Delivery and Take Out
Address: G/F Unit 9A Philplans Corporate Center, 1012 North Triangle Drive, Kalayaan Ave Taguig City, Philippines
Operating Hours: Open daily from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
Facebook Account: https://web.facebook.com/big5delivery/
Contact Numbers: +63 2 623 5555 , +63 2 9645555 , +63 917 598 5555 , +63 917 316 5555
Their serving sizes are small (3-5 persons), medium (8-10 persons) and large (18-20 persons). We ordered small boxes since I only have 4 visitors. And yes, the service size was enough and appropriate as advertised. Take note that we were hungry that moment and feeling so matakaw.
Pancit Sisig – small: PHP 350.00, medium: PHP 650.00, large: PHP 1,250.00
The best pancit bihon that I have ever tasted! OMG! Who would have thought that when these two Filipino favourites are paired, you’ll get a unique and super tasty treat! I wish we ordered medium instead of the small size so I can eat this the whole day. Also, it was spicy so don’t forget to advise them (through phone) in case you don’t want fresh chilis on top of your pancit bihon.
Each bite was a celebration of Pinoy culture. So much deliciousness and yumminess, it’s really addicting and mouthwatering! Also, there’s a sprinkling of chicharon bits on top!
Fried Liempo – small: PHP 390.00, medium: PHP 770.00, large: PHP 1,150.00
Tender and tasty deep fried liempo cuts, nicely paired with steamed rice! We were able to dip it with their free vinegar, but I think it could have been better with soy sauce and calamansi.
Cheesy Baked Mac – small: PHP 350.00, medium: PHP 650.00, large: PHP 1,250.00
Another yummy treat from Big 5 Food Delivery, this cheesy baked mac was meaty and definitely masarap! We enjoyed eating it with hot dog pieces and ground beef on the inside.
Flavored Butchi – 10 pcs: PHP 180.00, 20 pcs: PHP 350.00, 30 pcs: PHP 530.00
Now this one’s my new favorite. The classic butchi from Chinese restaurants — revolutionized! These sweet treats come in 5 flavours: salted egg with custard, choc nut, ube, white chocolate and cheese.
We ordered 10 pcs of salted egg with custard butchi and, it turned out that I should’ve ordered more. It was not enough for my visitors who loved it and kept asking for more. The salted egg was enough to balance the sweetness of the creamy custard. Also, it was not too sweet so you will be able to munch a lot of pieces.
To summarize our experience:
- Big 5 Food Delivery is definitely a must try! Their prices are competitive to other food stores in Metro Manila.
- We spent PHP 1,300 for our orders, enough to feed 5 hungry people (yummy Butchi dessert is already included).
- You should try their Pancit Sisig! It was the best pancit bihon that I have ever tasted! Beware, it’s spicy!
- They have super friendly people. When I called, they were able to explain their best sellers and they were able to commit on the agreed time of delivery. They also sent me a text message when the rider has left their store so that we would be assured that our food is about to arrive sooner or later.
- Delivery fee is PHP 100.00
- They only have one store in BGC Taguig, so call them to ask if they can deliver to your locations.
- They also accept major credit cards for ease of payment.
- Again, here are their contact numbers: +63 2 623 5555 , +63 2 9645555 , +63 917 598 5555 , +63 917 316 5555
Check out their Facebook profile for complete menu.
We are giving away gift certificates worth PHP 500.00 to 3 lucky winners! Follow the steps from our social media accounts and get a chance to be one of the winners to be announced on July 8, 2017.
This review is the opinion of the author based on actual experience. The establishment may have changed in terms of ownership, prices, decor, service, food preparation and food presentation after the posting of this review. This is not meant to influence the reader’s decision.